Deferred Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents will be available to certain undocumented parents of U.S. citizens and lawful permanent residents. If you are eligible, you may be able to stay in the United States temporarily without fear of deportation. In addition, you will be considered for employment authorization, which would allow you to work legally in the United States, for a three year period.
- Have lived in the United States continuously since Jan. 1, 2010, up to the present time;
- Were physically present in the United States on Nov. 20, 2014;
- Had no lawful status on Nov. 20, 2014;
- On Nov. 20, 2014, had a son or daughter, of any age or marital status, who is a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, and;
- Have not been convicted of a felony, significant misdemeanor; and do not otherwise pose a threat to national security; and are not an enforcement priority for removal.