Replacement of Citizenship Certificate

You can apply for a replacement of Naturalization or Citizenship Certificate:

  • If your certificate has been lost, damaged or stolen; or if your certificate’s current information is out of date or incorrect (i.e. your name has been legally changed through marriage or divorce).
  • If your certificate has been damaged but is still in your possession, you must attach the damaged certificate with your application.
  • If you are a naturalized citizen desiring to obtain recognition as a citizen of the United States by foreign country, you may apply for a special certificate.